.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Rethink

I finished the first Gryffindor bar on the Dumbledore scarf last night. And may I say, the burgundy and gold look great against the purple ground. :)

But. I am going to have to do some retooling on the purple. Since I am pretty much making this as I go (loosely basing it on Lauren's pattern, of course), I had to guestimate how much yarn I'd need. I ordered 10 skeins of the purple but if I do 5 inches between bars I won't have enough to do all 16 bars. So I think what I'll do is leave the ends at 5 inches and shorten the interior sections to 4 or 4 1/2. It's probably just as well since the original idea would have been a little over 10 feet long! Much too much for my 5'3" self. This way I won't run into dye-lot problems and can still make the fringe. *wipes brow*

Fortunately, the Huffle scarf is running into no problems. One miscalculation at a time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home