.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Progress Report


Here are the scarves so far. The Hufflepuff one (which isn't quite as bright as it looks here) will have a total of 13 trapped bars in it. I'll work on that while I'm waiting for the book (a bit more "authentic" ;) ). The Dumbledore scarf (which is really a bit more grape-purple than it looks here) will have another repeat of the four houses and then it will reverse itself to go down the other side, so there will be 16 bars total. I'm estimating it will be somewhere between 9 and 10 feet long when finished.

Oh, and I found some patches for the Quidditch sweaters at Patch Palace, so I'll be starting a Hufflepuff Quidditch sweater very soon! Although I love working with the Nature Spun, I am so in love with both the feel and the color of the Merino Style that I think that will be what the sweater is made of. Yay, me!Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home