.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Here a scarf, there a scarf, everywhere a...

Well, you get the idea.

I got through the first trapped bar on my Huffle scarf. The yellow is a touch brighter than I would have liked, but it may tone down after washing. Either way, I'm liking it more and more now that the black is in the mix.

I'm almost at the first bar for the Dumbledore scarf. I really am looking forward to seeing how those work out. Hmm. If I haven't finished it by the movie I suppose I could bring it with me to work on while waiting in line, right? Naturally the Huffle must be done by movie day. :)

Also, someone on the HP Knitting LJ posted a link for a PoA style bookmark that is too cute and I just have to share. How sweet would one of those be? I may have to make some up in each of the House colors.

Once I have a few of the bars done on each of the scarves, I'll post a progress pic.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anne said...

Oh, you're such a diligent knitter :) What does the Dumbledore scarf look like?

The HP bookmark looks really nice indeed *hehe*

Sometimes I wish I were a little creative and a little better at those practical things...

5:19 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

The Dumbledore scarf will be purple with trapped bars, like the PoA version. But each bar will be house colors. So the first one will be purple base, burgundy, gold, burgundy, purple. Then I'll have Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

Aren't the bookmarks cute? And they look like they'd be pretty quick to make, too.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home