.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Brown. Definitely brown.

OK. The Ravenclaw bar is done and I'm half-way to the Slytherin. Now that I have the blue on either side and the purple done as well, I'm seeing that the Cinnamon I chose is more to the brown than the bronze. So I have two options: 1) let it ride since it's only 6 rows and occurs 4 times in the scarf, or 2) rip it out and use some of the grey I got for the Slytherin bars and have movie colors instead of book. Anyone got an opinion?

A great idea from Lauren about the bookmarks- she used one ply from some left-over worsted yarn to make one. She did tell me that you can't yank too hard on the yarn, but that it works great on the size 1 needles. I have some acrylic in Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw colors, so I may give that a try. With T- 2 days and a few hours, I should probably get a move on it if I'd like to use it for my reading.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Hey, I'm Kate! I'm in Hogwarts on Three Tasks too. I'm glad to know that there's someone else on here who likes knitting!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I just love how the HP mania has it the blog world too! :) Can't wait to see your knits!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home