.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Bronze or brown?

Amazingly, the Dumbledore scarf seems to be going more quickly than the Huffle. I'm in the middle of the third bar (Ravenclaw) right now. I'm not entirely sure on the "bronze" I picked. It seems a bit too much on the brown side, but it was the best choice if I wanted to go with book colors and not use a different yarn. It should be all right, though, especially since it is only a small bit of the entire thing.

I have been switching back and forth between the two, and did mess up the Huffle scarf. I knitted the bars in the gauge for the Dumbledore one. So I had to unknit a few rows. Thank goodness I caught it quickly. Now I have 2 bars done on that and half-way to the third.

So, expect pics in the next day or so.

In my HP love-fest, I can't forget about Os and Vs. The poor baby has been left alone for the last week, but I'll keep working on her, too. But, this week belongs to Harry Potter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home