.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Book break

I took a few days off from the internet to read HBP. Now that I've finished it I'm back, but some of the things I wanted to say would be potential spoilers, so I'm going to keep quiet on it. :)

While waiting for the book, I did get a few more bars done on the Hufflepuff scarf and the second Gryffindor bar on the Dumbledore scarf.

I've also ordered both yarn and patches for my Quidditch sweater (Hufflepuff, natch!). I decided to go with the Knit Picks Merino Style yarn, which is what I used for the Dumbledore. The colors will be Honey and Coal. (mmm! soft and yummy sounding!)

I've also ordered a Quidditch World Cup patch, the original idea being to replicate the Ireland sweaters, but I have grave doubts of seeing their uniforms, so that will likely go on the sleeve of my denim jacket. And the Muggles can just wonder! ;)

I've got a couple of inches done on the baby blanket. I really like the colors. It almost seems to fall in blocks and diagonals. Neat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home