.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Yarn diet? I ain't going on no stinking yarn diet!

A while back a friend of mine asked me to make a blanket for his godchild for Christmas (he wanted to get the order in early). I got some LB Polarspun in a fun colorway. For something small I could enjoy using this, but it's driving me up a wall to try and do a blanket of any interest when you can't see the stitches you are working on.

So.

I just got some Jiffy (thank goodness for Discount Yarn Sales) in the colorway Salem, which is a slightly older version of the more pastel colors commonly used for girls, IMHO. I figure this way she will use it for a longer time if it doesn't look so "babyish".

While there, I also got some Homespun for myself in two shades of golds/tans to make a throw for my future reading room.

Don't you just love shopping for yarn? :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home