.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Why, oh why?

I must stop talking to people about projects. It just gives me ideas to start new stuff. Someone on the LiveJournal HP Knitting community was talking about what Dumbledore would wear if he wore a scarf. It was thought that it would be a purple ground with all the schools represented in the trapped bars. So now I had to figure out how that would work and what the count for the rounds would be. I figure I can do it for a little over $40 in wool at a DK weight. It's a thought for a nice winter scarf (and would be long! I'm figuring it would be in the neighborhood of 95"). I just ordered the yarn and once I get the pattern finalized on paper I may put it here if anyone would be interested.

As for other HP stuff, I got an e-mail from Hello Knitty yesterday that my navy yarn is on its way. It should be here today or tomorrow. That does need to be done for the movie opening.

As for current works, I did take Os and Vs with me last night. When I put it down on a flat surface it looks a bit like a beret (the needle is smaller than the diameter by a few inches now) and is about the size of a dinner plate at it's widest. And I'm not even done with the first skein yet. The book said it should be 34" in diameter when finished but I think mine will be a bit bigger than that. Not that that is a bad thing! I'm of the school that you can't have a shawl too big. I can't wait to see it completed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home