.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Why I should drink more

Well, after the...fourth?... time trying to get Bird's Nest to work, I've decided to give up on it. At least for now. I guess it just isn't meant to be. This, of course, means that I have 6 skeins of Shimmer with no set home. I'm thinking I might find a nice shawl pattern that would look nice in the blues and greys and needs 2,400 or less yards. I'd love another shawl.

Speaking of shawls. Or capelets. Or whatever you'd like to call them, I had dinner with my friend Trish a few nights ago. I had picked up 12 skeins of LB Chenille in Denim Blue with the thought of making a throw. But this stuff just won't knit at any gauge I could find. So I offered it to Trish (she's a crocheter, but very sweet anyway. ;) ). In return, she made me the most gorgeous half-circle shawl out of a white chenille. I wore it to work Friday, Trish, and it was perfect for keeping the A/C off my neck and shoulder. I also got lots of compliments on it and was told that you must be a very good person. Which I heartily agreed with!

I finished one of my red socks. It's just a plain one made from an orphan skein of Cascade 220. I was just finishing up the toe when my boyfriend came over. He just doesn't understand the need to make socks. Or that I might need to knit a pair out of wool in late June. *sigh* I guess it's an addiction he just can't comprehend.

Beyond that, still plugging away at Hush-hush. I finally finished the Feather and Fan trim and switched to the size 2 needles to work the body. Now I'm in the decrease area. This is definitely going to be a long-term project, but I am convinced that it will be lovely when done.

Still waiting for the arrival of my dark blue 220 to make my Ravenclaw scarf. This will be the PoA/GoF style with the trapped bars. I'm also planning to do a beanie to go with it. They'll be for the movie opening in November, so plenty of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home