.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Where I am...knitting-wise

A quick update on some of my needle projects. I finally got to the first decrease in Hush-hush. That gives roughly 6 inches. Only 16 or so inches to go. *sigh*

I finished my red 220 socks. I really should do the Broad Ripple ones that have been staring at me for ever and a day. Especially now that it's warm weather and I don't want to be wearing wool socks!

The Os and Vs Shawl is progressing. It's really a pretty simple pattern. I've (almost) done one skein so far and I think it's going to be a nice size. The pattern said it used 8 ounces of yarn (which would be about 1,550 yards). I have a little over 10 ounces (six skeins) so my shawl should be a bit bigger. I figure I'll use five for the body and the last skein to do the edging- which is a simple Dot and Rib. Anyway, it will be a nice big shawl but rather lightweight.

Poor Rochester has been languishing in my eagerness to work on Hush-hush and Os and Vs. I'm going to try and finish her up soon. In a semi-related rant, I'm a bit annoyed that LB is discontinuing the Cotton Ease. I really like the way it is working up and like the idea of a sweater that I can just toss in the wash without worry.

I'm thinking ahead to what kind of cardigan I would like to make out of my 220 (the Dark Colonial Blue). I have the basic design and just need to think what pattern stitch I'd like to put in. I think maybe a simple eyelet will be nice.

That's it for now. I'm going to a gathering tonight and think I'll take Os and Vs. I'd post a picture but right now it looks like a periwinkle blob. Not all that interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home