.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Wheee!

The last two days have seen the arrival of some lovely yarn.

I got my Cascade 220 in Dark Colonial Blue from HelloKnitty yesterday. I cast on for the scarf and, as soon as my red sock is finished (it's been a great at-work project!), I will cast on for my matching Ravenclaw socks. I'm still debating whether or not to make the toes silver. I only have one skein and don't want to run short for the scarf so maybe I should just do the bands on the leg and leave the rest of the sock blue. Anyone have any thoughts?

The other order was from Patternworks today. I got four skeins each of Nature Spun Sport in Charcoal and Gray to make the Gates and Ladders Circle Shawl and some red rubber markers.

I've also settled on the Os and Vs Circle Shawl (also from Martha Waterman's book) for the NS Fingering yarn. That's a pretty pattern and in the Butterfly Blue it should be nice. I think that might end up being a gift. Not sure yet.

And, I am in love. I found a Jamieson & Smith pattern for Woman's Weekly Cobweb Lace Evening Shawl at Four Seasons Knitting Products. They also sell J&S cobweb yarn. This will be something I am going to purchase (in the white, naturally) when I hit the 10 lbs. mark as a present to myself. With luck, that will be sometime in July. Ooooh! I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home