.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Sweet!

Sometimes I really am in the right place at the right time. A person I know slightly from work came by yesterday and said that he had a spinning wheel he would like to give me. I'm thinking a decorative one at first but it turns out that it is fully functional. The only thing that appears to be missing is a small pin that holds the wheel steady in the fork. Nothing a trip to the hardware store for a small dowel can't fix.

So, my vacation starts this weekend and I think at least part of it will be spent playing with my new toy. It's such a cute little thing, too. I still have my Elizabeth, but haven't set her up yet because I don't have anywhere to put her yet that isn't over a heating vent. This one is small enough to go in a corner when not in use.

I found a name on the bottom of it; I'm reasonably sure it was handmade and possibly a custom. It is also obvious that it has been well-loved over the years. For that reason, and because of it's size, I've decided to christen it "Minnie". :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home