.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Spin, spin, spin

Minnie is all set up and ready to go. I had an orphan US9 bamboo needle that fit perfectly into the missing peg hole, so that's all set. The drive band has been put on and adjusted. All I need is to figure out just how to start! ;) I got some books that should be here Tuesday, so I'll play with my drop spindle until then.

Speaking of drop spindling, I just ordered a small top-whorl one and some mini hand carders from Halcyon Yarn. I spoke to my father last night and he told me that they sheared the alpaca Thursday. Included in the group was the new cria- roughly a week or so old. Her fiber is super soft, but there isn't much of it so he's going to give it to me to practice with. I think I'll use the new drop spindle so I can get a finer yarn. Not sure what I'll make out of it; it will depend on the yardage I can get, but I'm thinking maybe a doily or something lacy. Oh, and she's white.

I took a picture of Minnie last night, so as soon as I get the camera hooked up to the laptop I'll post a picture of her. She's so cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home