.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Oops! Need more yarn

The more I look at it, the yarn I got for my Ravenclaw scarf isn't really dark enough. So I just ordered 5 more skeins in a darker shade. I still love the stuff I have so I'll keep it and make something else out of it. I've got 1,100 yards, so maybe I'll do a cardi or something similar. I'll have to swatch for it and see what I come up with. Thank goodness I wasn't planning to wear the scarf for the book release!

A lot of people have been talking about doing Flirty Ruffles in black for a nice evening shawl. Now I'm thinking about a black shawl for myself. I have a white one (thanks to Trish!), the Gates and Ladder shawl will be in shades of gray (oh, now I want to listen to The Monkees) and the cobweb shawl will be white, I think. Maybe the Christening Shawl out of the Folk Shawls book. Knit Picks has some nice lace yarn in a black with blue lights that would make a lovely shawl.

Now I need to find out how much yardage that shawl takes and get the yarn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home