.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Lovely Lace

Having grieved over the demise of my BNS over the weekend, I have moved on. Still haven't found something to make out of the Shimmer but I'm sure I'll come up with a project at some point. In the meantime, it's rather nice to be able to look at the skeins and wonder what they will grow up to be.

I was also seduced by Wendy's new group at Yahoo called Summer of Lace 2005. If you like lace anything, come join. I did say that I am working on my WP but I've actually put that aside for the moment. It's just too hot and heavy to have in my lap right now. I'll save working on it for cooler days. Shouldn't take too long since I only have 2 repeats left on the lace. I think.

As a lighter project I've decided to use the Nature Spun Fingering yarn I had purchased for Lucky (that just didn't work out. I still love the pattern, Melissa, and hope to make it someday with another yarn.) to make a shawl. After a few tries, I haven't quite settled on a pattern. But I will. I ordered some Nature Spun Sport in gray and charcoal to make the Gate and Ladder Circle Shawl from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman. I figure that will make a nice all-purpose shawl.

Oh, and I finished one sock from my red Cascade 220 and cast on for the second. That pair should be done by the middle of the week. Of course, I probably won't wear them right now since it's rather warm for wool socks, but it's a nice break from the lace charts and Hush-hush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home