.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Salvaged

I was able to recalculate the pattern on Rochester and avoid having to rip out my work. I finished the front last night and cast on forthe back. I'll begin working it today. Naturally, the batteries on my camera have died again, but I'll pick some up tonight and try to post a picture of her so far this weekend.

The rest of her is rather dull- just plain stockinette (other than the lace at the hem and cuffs). Some shaping, but that really doesn't make for exciting knitting, does it? Still, the overall effect I'm going for is "understated elegance". *snort* Or a reasonable facimile thereof. Michelle (my dress form) is standing by and waiting for me to get finished so she can model it for everyone. She can be rather vain about things like that. The sad thing is that sometimes I think my clothes look better on her than they do on me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home