.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Rochester is begun

I cast on last night for real. A few changes in the pattern, though. Mostly cosmetic, but that's what everyone really notices, isn't it?

I decided to use a fishtale lace for the bottom and cuffs instead of ribbing. I didn't want the heavier look that ribbing sometimes has. Well, on the swatch I did to see how the different stitches would look together, I didn't really like the switch from stockinette trim to reverse stockinette body. Made the body look too heavy. So... since I really want my hearts down the center front, I grabbed some graph paper and charted out a seed-stitch heart the same width as the panel I was going to do. The sweater will be knit in stockinette.

I completed the lace last night and the first two rows of the body. I wanted to start the hearts, but it was getting too late and I was afraid of miscounting and messing it up. So that will be tonight.

I also have a potential deadline for completion. May 16th. Why? Well, that's my birthday and the BF's is on the 18th. We're having a joint celebration dinner that week and I'd love to be able to wear it.

Still have 3 lace repeats and the border to do on WPS. What with trying to get Rochester figured out, I haven't worked on WP for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home