.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I hate when I am stupid like this...

So last night I sat, merrily knitting away on Rochester. I completed two repeats of the heart motif up the center and was feeling rather proud of myself for how nice this is coming out.

Please bear in mind that I had worked out just how many rows to knit before starting the hearts so I would have full repeats and it would be balanced between the neckline and the lace edge. All sounds nice and orderly, right? It would be except that I calculated it using the measurements for the back! Since I am planning a square neck the front will be started much sooner.

I left the piece alone last night and recalculated this morning. So now I have almost 40 rows to rip out and start over. *headdeskheaddesk* I'm still shooting for a May 16th finish, though. If I can get through 3 hearts today and 3 more tomorrow I'll be back on track. Assuming no more problems arise.

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to seeing my mother on Saturday for our Annual Mother's Day/my birthday celebration. I'll be giving her the Lacy Prairie Shawl I made for Christmas (it wasn't quite done then and I haven't seen her since) as well as a big box of teas. It should be a fun day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home