.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

So much for monagamy

Yes, I know I said I wouldn't work on anything else until the Slouch Socks (aka the Donny Osmond Tribute Socks) were finished but... I lied.

The socks are perfect for work because the pattern is very easy to remember without having to look at the pattern all the time. I don't like doing things that require any real attention at work because I pick up and put down so much.

Anyway, last night I cast on and worked on Lucky. I got through the first pattern repeat. Now I'll string a lifeline and try to get some progress on it. I'm a bit of an idiot sometimes so the decreases were throwing me slightly. I know it isn't rocket science but I can be a bit stupid about these things once in a while. Hence the lifelines. One eyelet is smaller than the others in each cluster but I think that should even out once I block. Either way, I'm really beginning to enjoy this now that I figured out what I was doing! I should have it to wear for the warmer weather and as protection from the air conditioner at work.

I've also decided to try my hand at designing something. Nothing fancy, just a basic Spring sweater. Despite my professed love for the sweaters I've done (or am doing) it is discouraging to pick up a book or magazine and see that a large is a 36" bust. Or worse, the designs only go up in size to a 34". I'm beginning to think that if I want something to fit my more well-endowed figure I'll have to do it myself. So wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home