.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Rescue work

Well, more like "dismember and reassemble" but that doesn't sound as nice. I am talking about Bird's Nest, of course. Got it frogged and the yarns separated without too much grumbling. Then I cast on last night and have 5 rows of the garter border done. I'm hoping to get the rest done today/tonight and start the lace portion either tomorrow or over the weekend. And yes, lifelines will be used extensively this time. I do learn my lessons even if it does take dropping a brick on my head occasionally.

And, I did the dummy thing again. Remember how I said I was finished with the first repeat of Lucky? That's been redone in the next size down. After looking at the schematic again I realized that it would be gigantic. So, a-froggin' we went and redid the section. I'm almost done with the decreases now and I think it will be much better. Yay for wool that will block nicely!

Almost ready to turn the heel for the second sock. I'm just praying that my needles hold out for it. You should see the bow that is occurring it these puppies. They almost won't fit in their pouch anymore. *reminds self to go shopping for the Inox needles this weekend*

I have my package ready to go to my Secret Pal. I hope she likes it. I'll likely send it out tomorrow after work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home