.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, April 04, 2005

More Hourglass sweaters!

Well, not right this moment, but soon. I had a friend who wanted me to make a baby blanket for them so I went searching for yarn. Gotta love Discount Yarn Sales. I got some LB Polarspun in Tropical Sherbet for the blankie and, while I was there, I figured I'd look for some cotton blend yarn to make some warm weather versions of Hourglass. I decided on some LB Cotton Ease in Cherry Red and Candy Blue. Hey, for $18 a sweater (two bags of each color) I figure I can't go wrong. And the machine wash/dry feature is nice for the crazy spring/summer months. I think I'm going to do the sleeves in the next size down on these so they aren't quite so roomy. Other than that, I love this sweater.

Not much else. Still working on the Slouch Socks. I'm into the leg of the second one; two repeats done, 3 more before I start turning the heel. Then 5 repeats on the foot and do the toe. Doesn't sound like that much, right? So why does it seem to take so long?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home