.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, April 18, 2005

I love when something comes together quickly

I started the lace portion of WPS last night. Only 50 rows to bind-off. All right, it will take a bit of time because it's the lace portion and there are so many blasted stitches, but still. I did have a minor heart attack with it. I had gotten to 219 stitches (out of 231) of the center section and laid it aside to have dinner. When I picked it up I found that the connector for my cables had come undone and about 20 stitches were floating in mid-air. I did manage to pick them all up without losing anything but it was a nervous minute or so.

I really do think that this will be bigger than the model is. I may get 85-90 inches across the top and 40-42 inches down to the tip. Should be perfect for wrapping up in all snuggly.

Hush-hush has been set aside for the moment. I've finished the lace band at the bottom and need to wait for my size 2 needles to be shipped before I can move on. I don't think that will take too long once I get them. After all, it's just knit in the round with a few decreases thrown in. I can't wait to be able to try it on. I think it will be pretty.

I made some more markers last night, too. Most of them have a jump ring at the top to slip onto a needle but I also have some lobster claw clasps so that they can be used as row markers. I think they came out rather nicely, if I do say so myself. And much cheaper than buying premades.

Well, I'm at work and it's starting to get a bit busy. Better wind up and go earn some money to support my yarn habit. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home