.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

How happy am I?

Several reasons. First, my yarn was shipped yesterday for the Polarspun baby blanket and my Spring sweaters. Now that things are starting to get warmer I am very much looking forward to making some non-wool items.

Second, the two new lace books I ordered from Amazon should be delivered tomorrow. Yes, I have developed a mania for lace. I also have a specific person in mind for a project and am hoping to find something suitable in these books. I'd say more but she has been known to pop in here and it really needs to be a suprise.

Third, when I was at Halcyon's site yesterday ordering yarn and needles for Hush-hush (yes, I'll be starting that soon. The BF came across the picture I had of it the other night and was...very persuasive...about asking me to make it. Well, I was always going to do it anyway.) I saw that they also carry the Inox dpns I've been wanting. I didn't get them just yet because I don't have circs below size 5, so was getting the needles, too, and the order was already getting large. But I now know where to get them.

And, finally, the Folk Shawl Knitalong had a poll to determine the next shawl to do. And the winner is... The Wool Peddler's Shawl. Yay! I have a 2 1/2 pound cone of Brora Softspun in a lovely shade of red that I've been wanting to make up into this shawl. Now I have a knitalong to do it in. Mine will be a bit more rustic-looking than the model due to the difference in yarn but it will be warm. And I do think that a shawl named for, and inspired by, wool peddlers should be made from wool. Silly me.

I've also gotten through the first repeat of BN without mishap. Not wanting to tempt fate, I am using a lifeline this time around.

Today, Lucky has travelled to work with me. I'll try to get a bit of work done on her, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

If someone were to crochet something for you say in exchange for some, i don't know, chenille yarn..hehehe What would it be?? :) Oh, by the way, the answer is a resounding YES on the question you asked me! hehehe

10:31 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hmm. My grandmother used to make capelets for me to wear when I sat up in bed reading. I loved them and have actually been looking for a knit pattern for one. I think that would be a fair trade.

Yay! I'm so happy that it will get used. I'll e-mail you when I get home and we can figure out how to get it to you. *big grin*

11:30 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

I can absolutely make ya a capelet! :) Check out this site and see if there is anything there that you like, pattern wise. http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com Look in the directory under shawls and capes, there has to be one like what you are looking for :)

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home