.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

I've been busily working away at BN, Lucky and Hush-hush. I had a bit of a brain freeze over the pattern of Hush-hush when I read through and saw the decreases. Silly me originally read it as decreasing in each section and I couldn't understand how a 20-stitch repeat would evenly fit into 70 stitches. Dragging out the calculator, I realized that the decreases are only on the two side sections, so the finished count is 80 stitches each in the front and back and 60 on the sides (medium size). That's much better. Of course, I'm so far from that but I hate having a question on a pattern coming at me.

I'm just about ready to start the Wool Peddler Shawl, too. The yarn is a bit rough right now but I think it will soften up considerably once it is washed. At least, the swatch did. This one should go much quicker than BN, both because of the larger yarn/needles and the garter stitch center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home