.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Yarn and stuff

OK, that's a dumb title. I can't think too clearly today. Blame it on all the recent snow.

Shimmer is on it's way from Knit Picks. I'm anticipating arrival late next week. So the Bird's Nest Shawl is soon to be underway.

Still no word on the rest of the 128 Chunky Tweed from Hello Knitty. I just sent off an e-mail asking about it. I really hope I won't end up having to pull the pieces all apart. Maybe a little capelet or small poncho could be made out of it if necessary.

I also sent an e-mail to Yarnware about the Brown Sheep Fingering. I don't know how long it will take to get the color I ordered in so I asked about the possibility of converting the order to a different color. Can't hurt to ask, right?

I got my package out to my Secret Pal today. I hope she likes what I sent her.

No work today so I think I'll try to get some progress on the Slouch Socks. They've been languishing in the basket for too long. I'm ashamed each time I pass them by for something else.

Speaking of things that aren't going to be knitted, I just picked up Last Minute Knitted Gifts (after reading about it in Wendy's blog. I want to do that camisole!) and saw the Hourglass Sweater. I have roughly 1800 yards of Galway Colornep that were going to be my Weasley Sweater. I think I can get gauge with it and maybe make that sweater. It looks very comfortable. Maybe after I'll swatch after playing with my socks for a bit.

I also went on a Disney animated classics spree. Picked up Bambi, Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast. I find it easier to knit with a movie if I'm already familiar with it. Then I don't have to give all my attention to the screen. And speaking of familiar things, just have to go back to my pre-teen fan days for a moment. CMT has begun showing The Dukes of Hazzard at night. Yes, it's a silly show but the scenery was nice. And I don't mean the trees and fields!

I also just got some supplies from Fire Mountain to make some stitch markers. I just love that place. So many pretty things.

Looks like I've got lots to occupy my time today. Better get to some of it!

Edit: Just heard back from both Hello Knitty and Yarnware. One skein of the Tweed is in. The other should be here next week. Seems to be quite a bit of hot pink tweed in demand at the moment! :D And the Brown Sheep will be in next week, also. Since I know the Shimmer is on its way and I have some other yarn to keep me busy I think I'll wait for my original color choice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

I just started that cute lace scarf in Last Minute Knitted Gifts, using Shimmer. I got the "autumn" colerway and it is soooo pretty. All of the colorways are nice, I'm sure your shawl will look great. I love those KnitPicks folks, and I love their free shipping! :)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I saw that colorway and almost got it but I thought for the shawl the grays would work with more things. I may have to go back for more. I bet your scarf it gorgeous!

This was the first time I had orderd from KnitPicks but I was very pleased with it. I'm sure there will be more to follow! :)

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home