.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

More goodies!

To start with, the weather is nasty again. The rain stopped and it did snow a bit last night. Fortunately we didn't get much in the way of accumulation. However the winds were horrible all night. They didn't just rattle the windows, they shook the house! All doors and windows were frozen this morning. I had to bang on the handle of my truck just to get in it. And it didn't want to move- I think the rain/snow/ice froze around the tires. Spring officially arrives in 11 days. I hope Mother Nature remembers that.

After displaying my new tea goodies I braved the monsoon outside to get the mail. It was well worth it because my Shimmer from Knit Picks arrived! Six skeins of Morning Mist. There's a little more blue than I had anticipated, but we all know I like blues so that's no problem. And there is a fair amount of gray to balance it. I think with the two strands held together it will be lovely. I cast on for the Bird's Nest Shawl but I'll have to double check the stitches again before I start knitting. With so many stitches (346) I want to be sure I'm right before starting! I'll wait until then before officially moving that to a WIP.

Then I got e-mails from HelloKnitty and Yarnware this morning. The two skeins of Chunky Tweed have come in so I'll be able to finish Banff. Also the Brown Sheep Fingering has come in, but only 6 skeins instead of the 7 I had requested. Going back to the book, 6 skeins is exactly what I need to make the Lucky Clover Wrap; I had ordered the extra "just in case". But I'm going to trust Melissa on this so I asked Yarnware to send the six.

Needless to say, Erin will be busy for quite a while with projects. I think the shawl and the wrap will take a bit of time. Banff should finish quickly. Thank goodness it's still cold enough for me to curl up in it. :)

I also got some progress on Hourglass. One sleeve is attached and I've started on the second one. I didn't get much done on it last night because I was busy winding the first two balls of Shimmer up so I could get them cast on and I had a chat for an online course I'm taking. I'm hoping to get it finished and attached tonight or tomorrow. I promise piccies once that happens.

Oh, and a couple of movies should be arriving today. Bringing Up Baby and The Philadelphia Story. Perfect "knitting-to" movies. Because you just have to love Cary and Kate. :D

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I hope the six skeins work for you on Lucky! Sounds like it will be very nice :)

--Lolly
LollyKnitting Around

10:25 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks, Lauren. I'm anxious for it to arrive. Seeing everyone else's progres is making me want to get started on this.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

6 skeins should be fine as long as your gauge is right on the money. For the book I did the medium size and I only used a little over 7 balls of the 4ply (about 1400 yds)-but I didn't give the yarn requirements for any other size - the tech editor did. So I can really only swear by the size medium.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home