.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Hourglass Sweater

I did a swatch with my Galway Colorneps and lo-and-behold! I got gauge! Well, row gauge is off, but that's workable. I'm getting 6 rows/inch instead of 7. Stitch gauge is spot on. So, I cast on for the sweater and started knitting. It really goes fast. I've finished the decreases and am about to start the increases for the body. I really like the way it looks to be put together- minimal seaming to do. Anyway, once it looks like something other than a dark green tube I'll put a picture up.

Oh, there is a corrections list for the items in Last Minute Knitted Gifts to check out. Fortunately the list is rather short for this sweater. Armed with the book and the corrections I should be able to finish this rather quickly. Yay for me!

2 Comments:

Blogger froggyknits.com said...

oh i hope i can find something in stash to make that sweater. can't wait to see you knit it up. take care!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I think that if I really like the fit of this I may splurge for some more special yarn. I could see having several of these in different colors.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home