.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, February 28, 2005

So the shawl is done. Now what?

Banff is on hold. I have both sleeves and the back done so I have to wait for the yarn to arrive before I can finish it. I just hope it is still sweater-weather when I do.

And the yarn for my Lucky Clover Wrap is on backorder. Naturally. Well, I guess it's all right if I don't start tomorrow. I know I'll get it done and I can benefit from all those who have gone before me. ;)

Here's hoping the Shimmer I ordered is on it's way. I haven't heard from KnitPicks so I think all is well there. As soon as that arrives I'll be casting on for the Bird's Nest Shawl from Folk Shawls. I can't wait to see that worked up; I think it will be perfect.

I finally broke down and wound my skein of La Luz up. After going through my meager collection of pattern books I decided that the yarn was nice enough that it didn't need fancy stitches. I'm going to do a simple scarf in stockinette with a garter stitch border. I only have one skein so I'll just knit as long as I can with it.

They are predicting more snow overnight. Snowy days mean quiet days. Maybe I'll bring my socks with me and see if I can get the rest of my Slouch Sock done. Then I can cast on for the second on. I feel bad that it is taking me so long to finish this pair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home