.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Slight disappointment

I got my copy of SnB Nation the other day. I had been looking forward to it because so many people have been buzzing about the patterns. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed in them. I don't think there are many that I will do.

The problem is that the ones I like are written too small, which was my main complaint with the first book. There must be a way to adapt the patterns to fit the sweaters to have a bit more ease to the bodies. Guess I'll have to look into the mechanics of that.

Continuing to make progress on Banff. I have the back and one sleeve completed and have cast on for the second sleeve. Hoping to finish that over the weekend and then do the front when my extra yarn arrives. If all goes well I should be able to assemble it next weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Glad you liked the Lucky Clover wrap in the book and joined us! The book had to grow on my a little... I thought it was a little disappointing at first, but now, I want to make several things.

Hope all is well, and thanks for joining the knitalong!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

You're right. After flipping through it I have seen a few things that I might want to make- with a few alterations that will suit my body/taste a bit more. And that's really what it's all about, isn't it? :)

Can't wait for the knitalong to start!

5:38 PM  
Anonymous dirtgirl said...

i'm hoping I have the same experience as you two with SNBN. I didn't even buy it when it first came out (despite the fact I'm even in one of the pictures!) because I found all the projects uninspiring. I always thought Lucky Clover was cool, if only because I watched it in progress when Melissa was busy making it for the book. I was afraid to make it myself because she had such a hard time meeting the slave-driver deadlines the author set, but I'm giving it a go thanks to the moral support of the KAL.

Hopefully when it arrives for the KAL, I'll take a closer look and actually find some other things I want to make. Most were totally impractical or goofy, but I suspect could be altered somehow to fit my personality.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home