.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, February 14, 2005

The beginnings of Banff

Since yesterday was the kickoff for the ThinkPink KAL I cast on for my sweater. I decided to start with the sleeves this time just to be different. :) Taking time off to wrestle some coding on the site into submission and go shopping with my friend Sam, I got as far as the decrease rows at the top of the sleeve. I figure I'll finish that at work today [like I'd actually do any more "real" work than I have to!] and be able to start the second sleeve tonight.

I'm just loving this yarn, too. So much softer than I had originally thought. *looks forward to a snuggly sweater in a week or so* The only thing I'm a little worried about is that my gauge is slightly off. Row-wise I'm spot on; width-wise instead of 3.5 stitches to the inch I'm knitting 4. What do you do when your gauge is off one way but not the other? When I swatched with the next size needle my rows got way off. Considering my measurements I think I'd rather it be slightly wider than short, but I now am nervous about yardage.

Speaking of work, I really should go finish getting dressed. It's cold this morning which means lots of frost on the windshield. I just hope the heat is up in the office building or there will be an unhappy Erin to start this Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home