.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, February 07, 2005

And it almost looks like a sock!

So I spent the Super Bowl working on my knitting, as I had said I would. I decided on the purple sock since that has a more precise pattern and I haven't been taking it to work with me. Picking up and putting down is easier with knit plain on larger needles/yarn than size 1/sock yarn in a darker color. [Did I do 2 or 3 rows of purl? Which pattern round am I on now?] Yes, the Pats won. I'm happy for them, but honestly, the only thing I really wanted to see was Paul McCartney in the half-time show. The rest of the night the sound was turned down low and I was flipping back to the History International Channel. Time Team found a Saxon settlement. [geeky anthro moment]

And I got the heel turned! Still have to do the gusset; I'll get to that today. I get rather nervous doing decreases when I'm getting sleepy. I did that once and ended up with a very lopsided sock. And no, I don't still have it. The evidence was promptly destroyed!

Did I mention anywhere the neat trick I learned for getting rid of the holes that can occur when you pick up stitches for the gusset? The next round, knit them through the back of the loop. Twists it up a bit tighter and no gaps. Woohoo! I may actually stop avoiding gusset heels now.

Haven't heard from HelloKnitty yet, so I don't think the yarn has shipped. I'll check at the PO tomorrow after work. Oh, and now that the snow has melted I can start getting delivery again. Much nicer. Technically, I don't need the yarn until Sunday anyway. That's the official kickoff for the KAL. And we just know I'd start early if I had it, don't we?

Speaking of the site, they changed the page for V-Day. So cute. And there is a link for the HelloKitty KAL right there. Too bad I missed the cut-off for joining. Maybe next time.

Guess that's about it. It's funny that my online friends have started refering to me as Molly Weasley. I honestly try to keep the obsession out of general conversation, which is why I have this blog. I guess it just shines through no matter what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home