.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Survived the Hols

Welcome to the new year. And to getting through the last one.

I have a bit more to finish on Mom's shawl, but I'm not seeing her until January 15th, so it will be done in plenty of time. The only problem will be blocking it. I just don't have anywhere to do that except the living room floor, which is completely impractical. Most likely I will give it to her unblocked. She knows how to do that and has room at her house.

I have one PoA scarf to do for a friend in Slytherin colors. Then I can focus on stuff for me! I'd like to get back to my Weasley sweater. It sits in it's basket looking sadly at me. I'm also on the lookout for the right pattern for my Remus Socks. Still haven't found a pattern for the Fixation that I really love.

I got a gift certificate for Patternworks from a friend for Christmas so I am thinking of doing a bit of splurging on some yummy yarn or maybe even some software. Looking at my stash, I think something to organize everything would be the best thing.

That's really about it for now. I'm slowly learning not to have 17 projects going at one time so that I can actually finish things when I need them and not have to avoid sleeping to do it. And, yes, that was one of my resolutions. :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful start to your year and that it continues for the next 12 months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home