.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Socks Keep A-Comin'!

One of the nice things about going in to work after a blizzard is that it is very quiet. The construction guys can't work so they can't jam up the scale.

My Savann yarn came the other day and I figured yesterday was the perfect time to start working it up. I used a plain toe-up configuration and made them ankle socks. I know I don't normally like socks that short, but these just asked to be like that. The color is called Paprika. I got one sock done last night and need to cast on for the second. I just have to rework the bind-off. Seems I can't get it quite stretchy enough to comfortably fit on and off. Not an insurmountable problem, though.

I've also got the cuff done on the first of my "Donny Osmond Tribute Socks". These are using the "Slouch Sock" pattern from Socks, Socks, Socks done in Purple Club from Lorna's Laces. I absolutely love this yarn. The colors are so yummy! Can't wait until they are done.

And, as if that wasn't enough, my yarn for the ThinkPink-Along came today. One skein each of Deep Pink and Purple Hyacinth in Cascade 220 Superwash. I'm planning to do a pair of pink socks with purple toes and heels. That doesn't start until February 13, though, so anyone wanting to join, click the button on my sidebar. You can knit anything you want as long as the predominate color is pink. Fun way to start thinking about Spring. :)

Well, I'm off to watch a movie and do a bit more knitting. With all the snow outside, it's a good excuse to cuddle up and get some projects done.

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home