.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Socks, Hermione's mittens and free time!

I am finishing up a pair of house socks for my friend Sam out of an orphan skein of Cascade 220. I've mentioned before how much I love this yarn, and I love these socks! I used KathrynT's Universal Sock pattern and I think I will be making a pair or two for myself out of some other orphan skeins. Only, since I don't really like gusset heels, I think I'll use an afterthought heel.

Woohoo! Lauren has put the pattern for Hermione's Cable/Bobble mittens up! They look adorable and I can't wait to work on them. Guess it's time to place another order at HelloKnitty.com!

The Lana d'Oro shawl for my mom is almost done- about 70 rows or so. Should get it done by Friday, although it will definitely not be blocked. I really love the way it looks- it's the Lacy Prairie Shawl from Folk Shawls. And, of course, the gorgeous yarn makes it.

Once I finish the shawl I have a Slytherin PoA scarf to do for Jessica, but other than that, no real projects earmarked. Which means that I will finally be able to make some progress on my Weasley sweater. I really want to be able to wear that for the opening of GoF, with my Hatmione and mittens, of course. And maybe a pair of Dobby socks, just to finish things off. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home