.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

One down, one to go

One of the blue socks is done. I decided not to do contrasting heel/toe because there was enough interest with the patterned leg. The heel is slightly wonky but works. I think a lot of the trouble was that I used a dark piece of scrap yarn on the medium blue and that it was quarter to twelve last night. (thinking the latter is more to blame) Hopefully the second one will be a bit smoother. It is on the needles and I'm hoping to finish it by Thursday. Mmmm. Warm woolly socks. :)

I'm abandoning the Fixation pattern I had thought about. I started it but didn't really like it. Guess the Remus Socks will just have to wait a bit. I'll think of something.

Only about 20 rows left on the shawl. Planning to send that out by the end of the week. I'm so glad she liked it, though. Which reminds me, I have 1100 yards of Lana d'Oro in a royal purple. Anyone have any ideas on what that might be nice as? Bit small for a sweater for me, but I'm open to other suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home