.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

New Secret Pals and thoughts on how to do the afterthought heel

Got my notification that sign-up is open for Secret Pals 4. I won't find out who my pal is until the end of the month, but I think this will be fun. I believe that Jacqueline is going to draft a basic questionaire form so we have an idea of what our pals would like when we get ready to send. :)

I've been looking at a few different ways of doing afterthought heels. I don't want something that gaps or comes to a point, so I'll probably do a graft or Kitchener instead of gathering the last stitches. That's fine for a toe but I want as little bulk across the heel as possible to cut down on possible blisters. Well, I'm not there right now, anyway, since I need to finish that shawl first. I guess it will just kick around in my head for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home