.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Falling Short

The shawl will not be done to give to my mother today. I've been knitting until I can't see straight, but I still have far too much left. The problem is that I failed to take into account the extra time it takes to complete each row as I progress, since it adds stitches. It now takes me over 10 minutes to complete a row. I estimate that I have around 10 hours left on it. I'll show her what I've completed so far with the promise to finish it this week and send it down to her. I feel like crap about it, but I knit until 1:30 last night (had to stop because I couldn't see straight or make my hands move) and will get back to it as soon as I finish checking mail and this entry.

Sucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home