.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

That blasted baby blanket, a slight reprieve and Weasley sweater goodness!

Been working on the BBBB from Stitch 'n Bitch. I swear the thing unknits itself while I'm sleeping! I need it for next Sunday, so 2 more balls of yarn and I'm done. Since it's going to be dragged around by the rugrat, I don't think I'm even going to bother blocking. Nice decision since I won't have the time. :)

The scarves don't need to be done until November 12th, so there's a bit of pressure off on getting them finished. I did get a few more stripes done, so we're at the half-way point on all three. Remind me to give this pattern a rest for a bit after that.

When I got home my yarn for my Weasley sweater was waiting on the step for me. Loving the green with blue, yellow and red neps in it. I've got a basic sweater pattern that I'm using. The only change I'm going to make on it is to do a k2p2 rib instead of k1p1. Since the whole thing is going to be oversized and meant to look like it came hurridly off Molly's needles for the kids, it isn't supposed to look like something from a department store. So if it's a bit lumpy or whatever, so much the better. I may take a break from the Blanket That Will Not End to cast on for the sweater tonight. Only problem was that the one skein of yellow was backordered. However, since I'm duplicate stitching, I won't need it until the whole thing is put together. Woohoo! This may even help me forget about the nasty cold I caught that has completely taken out my voice. Thank goodness I don't need that to type or knit!

Oh, also, back on track with the Celtic Cross. I had an "oh damn!" moment while doing the outline to one of the arms and had to back out 2 hours of work, but that's done and everything is progressing nicely on it. I'm thinking there will be minimal backstitching on that one, too. Not liking all the individual stitches lined in red. Too...much. Blending colors is very nice.

Off to Weasley sweater happiness!

-1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home