.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, October 01, 2004

I'm going to lock up my computer and throw away the key!

Or at least my internet connection which permits me to shop online.

Why this attitude, you ask? Because my Craft OC has struck again. The other day I mentioned how I ordered yarn for a Weasley Sweater (I've decided to put a "W" on the front of it for Witch), which is all right because it's really one of the reasons that I began knitting again. Yesterday I was surfing a needlework site and found some wonderful counted cross-stitch kits. This is something I have done for about 20 years, but got away from in the last year or so.

Anyway, I ordered a really cute one of a black cat in a manger and another of a Celtic Cross. That one will be for my mother and step-father. Ireland is very special to them, both because my mother's family is from there and also because that's where they got married. So, the Cascade will stay in my stash for a bit longer. Maybe to end up as something for me.

So, I hereby put myself on a fiber diet. No more yarn, floss, rovings or anything else related to crafts until I finish what I've started!

Now if I can only get myself to stick to it! ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger d.x. said...

will you knit me a gryffindor scarf?

6:31 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

I predict: That will be impossible!! It's part of what makes us what we are...those yarn addictions!!! it's OK...we can get u some help. The first step is admitting you have a problem :)

8:47 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Trish- thanks for the confidence that I can actually stick to this! ;) Do you really think there are support groups for this? One of these days I will actually organize my stash (which I know is not as great as some people's) and write down what each item is going to be used for. With the exception of two skeins of Lorna's Laces Purple Club, I have a specific project in mind for each. That makes it not as bad, right?

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home