.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, September 27, 2004

Weasley sweater, new book and more Cascade-goodness

I just ordered my yarn for my Weasley sweater. After looking at tons of tweeds, I finally settled on some Plymouth Classics Galway Colornep. Yes, I know it isn't quite the same, but it's well within my budget. I'm making this for me, and in Weasley tradition, want it a bit oversized (which is how I like my sweaters, anyway). I chose the Hunter and got another skein of Galway in Butter for the letter. The whole thing cost about $60, including the shipping. I figure that's not too bad.

In the mail today were a few goodies. One was the book Socks, Socks, Socks that I had won in an e-Bay auction. I'm hoping that I can find a nice pattern to use for my Remus Socks.

Speaking of which, my order from HelloKnitty came today. The two skeins of Fixation as well as some more Cascade 220 (I think I'm in love with this stuff). I got 2 skeins each of Doeskin and Celtic Green. Those will be scarves for the maternal unit and step-father. I still have the two skeins of Sapphire Heather that will look very nice on my father, with his blue eyes. Also, another skein of Ruby. Well, I figure that I may have enough for a pair of mittens from the left-overs of three Hatmiones. There was quite a bit left from my first one. If not, I'll figure something out to do with it. Maybe there would be enough for a fourth hat! ;)

I'm off to drool over my new lovelies and flip through the sock book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home