.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

My To-Do List this week

I really want to be able to start the Weasly-Along when I get my yarn (probably not on October 1st, but as soon as I can). To do this, I need to clear some WIPs from my list.

3 striped scarves Peter asked me to make for his girls for X-mas. He's moving in October, so I do need to get these done so he has them in his hot little hands before leaving. These really are priority.

BBBB for Meghan. I'm seeing her the end of October, so I do need to get my butt in gear to finish the last 30% or so on that. If I ever say I'm going to knit this again, someone hit me alongside the head with a blunt object. Thank you.

My poncho. I want to be wearing that soon. It's getting cooler in the mornings going to work, so that will be required in the not-too-distant future.

I have 2 stuffies I have promised. One is about 40% done, the other not started, but shouldn't take too long. Both are for X-mas. I'd like to just move them up the list a bit.

Scarves for the 'rents. I actually started on Dad's last night. He doesn't like super-long scarves, so he will get a 1-skein ribbed scarf and a matching watch cap out of the blue Cascade. To add interest, I placed a small stripe of ginger at the end of the scarf, and will do the same on the brim of the hat. Just a few rows to break up the blue. Mom and Roger will get longer scarves. I think the Doeskin for him and the Celtic Green for her.

Paul's scarf. I've left that alone while trying to get the other stuff worked on. Gotta remember to not just forget about that.

So, I think I should get off the computer and get some work done so I can actually work on my sweater when I get the yarn! Still trying to decide what letter to place on it. 'H' or my own? If I had gotten the right blue, I would have done the 'G', since my last name begins with a 'G'. Well, I think I'm going to duplicate stitch it on, anyway, so I can really decide once the whole thing is done.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I probably won't be starting tomorrow either. I've been swatching and realized I didn't have the right size needle for my yarn. Patternworks is really good about getting stuff out quickly, so I hope to get started early next week!

Your yarn sounds great! Have you decided whether to do an "H" or a "G" yet?

Jenn
www.nipperknits.com

11:27 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm sure you'll get your yarn quickly. Patternworks is very good.

I haven't completely decided on a letter yet, although I am now toying with the idea of a "W". It could stand for "Weasley" or "Witch". Just odd enough to confuse anyone who happens to see it. :)

1:35 PM  
Blogger kalisekj said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home