.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, September 10, 2004

My first Booga Bag (sort of)

I just finished knitting the body of the Booga Bag in colorway 146. I still have to do the I-cord, but wanted to show the cool stripey-ness. There's a square basket inside it to keep it from folding down on itself which is why the garter-stitch bottom is showing and there is an odd lump to it.



Unfelted Booga Bag Posted by Hello

It took about 6 hours of casual knitting to do. The only thing I will do differently on the next one is to use a provincial cast-on. The yarn gets a bit fuzzy and I found it a bit tedious to pick up the stitches along the long edge.

I'm hoping to felt this weekend. It will be my first felting project, so I'm a bit nervous. I'll post pictures when it's done.

Edit (9/11): I've been working on the I-cord, which should take the rest of the third skein. I will have some yarn left over from where I cut to match the striping on the body. I think I may do a patch pocket for the bag. Perfect for holding smaller items and then I don't feel guilty about having a few yards of left-over yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home