.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

It's an addiction

I ordered some more Cascade 220 from HelloKnitty yesterday. I sent my mother the pic of the cable scarf I am doing for Paul and both she and my step-father loved the pattern. I don't want to do that one for anyone else (except maybe me) but I do have the Irish Hiking Scarf pattern, and I think they would like it.

While I was there I decided to look at the Fixation, because I really can't have enough yarn for socks on hand. ;) There was a colorway called "Lupins" that I just had to have. More for the name than anything else. Yes, I know it is named for the flowers, since it is purple and white, but my HP-obsessed brain immediately jumped to our favorite DADA teacher's name instead. With the right pattern, these will be very cute "Remus Socks"!

Cast on for my poncho last night. I'm hoping to finish the ribbing today; mainly because I need the size 8 needle tips back for another project. I may change the garter stitch body to plain stockingette. I'm not that big a fan of garter stitch garments. Hopefully it won't affect the shaping too much, although since it's 100% wool, I can block it out a bit. Once it actually looks like something, I'll post a picture of it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, Love that scarf for Paul. Way to go, designing your own. Thanks for the stitch marker praise. I use nothing else, unless I have to hook a marker on a stitch. But I am thinking to use a lobster claw on a stitch marker so I could still make pretty ones for that too!

chrisknits

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home