.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Hatmione progress

I started the hat on Saturday. I'm about 2 rows from the first bobbles. The pink thing in the middle is my marker to show the start of the round. The white string up near the needle is a lifeline that I put in. I missed a cable twist and had to unknit, so to keep from having to go through that again I decided to use lifelines every 10 rows or so. Thanks for the idea, MA!



Hatmione progress Posted by Hello

I know the color is funky. It's because I again turned the flash off- couldn't see the cables. Also, my cables and twists are moving in the opposite direction from the pattern. It's that left-handed knitting. At least I'll be able to pick my hat out of a lineup. ;)

I'm hoping to finish in a few days. I'll try to post a picture outdoors in daylight to get truer colors. This is so much fun that the other skeins of Cascade I got may end their days as hats, as well!

3 Comments:

Blogger ginabeana said...

Looks great. I wish I'd thought of lifelines. It would have saved me a tiny bit of grief.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks, Gina!

I haven't had to use the lifeline yet (hope I won't have to!) but it's nice to know it's there just in case. Especially now that I am getting into the bobbles.

I think I will be doing another red one for a friend as a Christmas present. I'll try reversing the cables and twists for that so it more closely resembles Hermione's actual hat. Definite use of lifelines there!

6:31 AM  
Blogger MA said...

I'm glad that idea is working for you! I'm going to do that when I start my second hat, which should hopefully be soon - I think I'm heading to my LYS to get the yarn after work today.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home