.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

And a good time was had by all

Lots of fun last night at the improvisational knitting group. The coffeehouse we went to was the perfect spot. I hope it's only the first of many get-togethers. One of the attendees is a crocheter. She completed an entire scarf during our meeting. She would like to learn knitting, and I would like to learn crochet, so I think this might be a good swap opportunity.

So, while doing some random searching yesterday, I came across a knit-along that will be starting October 1st. It's a Weasley Sweater-Along, or, since the hostess is a fan of Ron, a Ron-Along. I know I've said that I need another project like I need a hole in the head, but I've wanted a Weasley sweater for quite some time. If I get a few of my smaller projects out of the way this week during my vacation, I may see about joining- even if I'm a bit late getting started.

I've done a few more inches on my poncho. It really is going along quickly. I'm hoping to finish it in a week or so (between all the other things I need to get done this week!).

I should be casting on for my second Hatmione soon. I also heard that HelloKnitty sent my yarn out yesterday, so that should come very soon. I'll have to see what sock patterns I have to make my Remus Socks. I really would like them to be special.

That's about it for right now. I'm off to work on some of the many UFOs I have staring at me.

6 Comments:

Blogger MA said...

I'm doing the Weasley along as well - I think I'm going to make Harry's sweater, but in burgandy.

And my Hello Knitty order was sent out yesterday as well - I'm going to start my second Hatmione once it gets here!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I haven't decided who's initial I'm going to put on my sweater yet. I'd have to reverse the chart for it to knit correctly, so I may just duplicate stitch it on, which I know isn't "proper", but will do for right now. I was thinking of doing the Weasley Twin blue. Glad I won't be the only one adding to my UFO list!

Yay for yarn orders! Have fun with your second Hatmione.

7:11 AM  
Blogger hayden said...

Hi! I'm doing the Weasley-along too...I thought I'd go through everyone's blog to see who all is doing the best "along" ever. And I agree about the "hole in the head" sentiment. I so do not need to start another project.
Actually, I was wondering how long it took to make the Hatmione? I've done the scarf, but I think I need the hat too. And I'd love to know what pattern you choose for "Lupin".

2:16 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Grrr! They should let you edit these comments!

The Hatmione took me about 3 evenings. Once I got past the ribbing it zipped right along. I should warn you that it is an addictive pattern; I have 2 more skeins of Ruby and 1 of Ginger that will probably end up as Hatmiones as well!

I haven't found a pattern for my Lupins yet. I'll probably post something with fanfare when I do. If you have any suggestions for ultra-cool Fixation patterns, I'd love to hear about them.

3:41 PM  
Blogger hayden said...

i'll keep my eyes open for anything good, and I'm glad your packages all arrived!
I think i might buy the Hatmione after the new year. Except, you made it sound very quick...and I could use a quick project.
Hmmm, now I have another project dilemna!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home