.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Who doesn't need another project?

I probably don't need another project on the needles right now, but how could I resist joining the Hatmione Along (see button on the sidebar)? I'm going to stop off at the LYS on the way home and pick up the yarn, as well as the dpn's for it. I was planning to go anyway to get some size 8 dpn's to do the Coronet from Knitty. Might as well save a trip. I just hope she has the red Cascade 220.

Yay for HP knitting projects!

Later: I went to the LYS and they didn't have the right color of Cascade so, after talking to the women working, I substituted a skein of Harrisville. I don't think I'll ever use this yarn again. It is breaking left and right with very little pressure. So, my Hermione Hat is on hold until I get the order I just placed at HelloKnitty. I really hope it doesn't take too long because I was pretty excited to get started on this. I hate when yarns don't behave the way you expect them to. Maybe this was a fluke. I'll have to take it back tomorrow and see if I can get a credit or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home