.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

My spinning wheel arrived!!

I picked the package up from the Post Office on Saturday, but because I had two scarves to finish for delivery on Monday, I couldn't start putting it together. Now that the deliveries have been made I can start playing with my new toy. Once it is together I will post a pic.

I also talked to Dad and he said if I send him a pic of the spinning chair he could probably make something up for me. That would be nice. I like the Ashford chair, but don't know that I want to spend around $100 for it!

I've almost finished my second poncho panel. I have about 40 rows left, and I still have 3 full skeins. I may even have enough left to do a simple little cap. That would be too cute.

I got a pair of 18" straight 35s for the green throw. Much easier than the circs. I'm going to have to sand the edges down or something to allow the yarn to slide off the cable and onto the needle easier.

I finally remembered the afghan pattern I wanted to use the chenille for- Lion Brand's Chenille Throw. I am going to double the strands. But that won't be started until after the hols. I've got enough to do right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home