.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, August 20, 2004

Bit of an update

I've finished one panel of my poncho and have cast on for the second piece. I had upped the needles from 11 to 13 and used just into the 6th skein for the first piece. Once it's done being knitted I should have almost a full skein to be able to do fringe. Can't wait to see it finished and be able to wear it!

I also need to finish the BBBB for Meghan. We'll be seeing them in late October so I have about 2 months to do that. I just need to drag it out. I don't have that much left- maybe a third or so.

The Three Bears socks are coming along really well. I tried to take a picture of one the other night, but it didn't show well because of the black yarn. In person the pattern is very nice. I really hope Paul likes them, as well as the scarf.

The throws for Mom and Dad are coming along well. I like the way the green wool is looking with the 35s, but the needles themselves are a bit of a pain. The Plush is really zipping together. I changed it to a "dishcloth" style- starting at the corner and YO at the start of each row. The only change I made to the pattern I knicked off the web was that I am doing garter instead of stockingette. With the fuzzy yarn you really can't tell anyway, and it's much faster to go straight garter.

Other than that, I need to start the stuffies for the kids, but I seem to be on good time.

I really need to start getting some pics here. I'll start taking some over the weekend and get something posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home