.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

More yarn goodness

I went to Adventures in Knitting after work last night and got the yarn for Paul's scarf. After talking it over with the owner, we decided on Encore Worsted in a nice grey. I really would have prefered a dark green, but the only greens they had were light and bright. This is definitely guy color. The other suggestion was some Cascade, but the deciding factor was that the Encore can be machine-washed. Somehow I don't see him handwashing a scarf, or anything else, for that matter.

When I got home there was a package from Patternworks on the step. My Fixation and the Jawoll yarn! It's even softer than I had originally thought. The only problem I see is that the black and the grey are rather similar. But I'm hoping that they will be able to be told apart- the grey has a bit of a shimmer to it. Now all I need to do is take a peek at his shoe size next time I'm up at the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home