.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Sunday, July 18, 2004

A few ongoing projects

A little while back I got the kits for Monica's Lace Stockings and Trish's Mini Basque, both from White Lies Designs (love that place!). I figured they would make for good knitting this winter after I got all the gifts out of the way- like the basketweave afghan for Mom and Roger, the plush throw for Dad, and the other throw for Paul, not to mention items for the rugrats, and a few other people. I made the mistake of mentioning them to Paul. So, I've started on the stockings (which I can do at work without raising too many eyebrows. The corselette will definitely be a "work-at-home" piece. I don't mind knitting something for my legs at work, but I have a problem with bra cups around the guys.) A few bumps getting started, but I've almost got the first one done. I changed it slightly so that the bottom of the foot is knit plain. I just think it will be more comfortable to stand on than the lace pattern. That might change for future pairs. I also used 5 needles since I'm more comfortable with that. The only mistake I noticed in the pattern was in the increase before the stitch pattern C. It says that you increase to 68 stitches when it is actually 64. Other than that, pretty simple to work.
 
I also decided that I need a shawl. I started Charlotte a bit ago, but I'm a bit stuck on her, so she's back in the bag. I'll get back to her when things are more quiet. In the meantime, I had 3 skeins of Bernat Soft Bouclé in Forest. I cast on 3 stitches with US 13 and just worked a YO at the end of every other row. I don't really have any set size for it, I just plan to knit until I like the length. I'm trusting that the width will be sufficient based on that. Still haven't decided if I'll fringe it; partly because I'm hard on fringe and partly because I am afraid the yarn will fray. I'll see how it looks when it's done. Anyway, I'll have a nice shawl that will be perfect for wrapping up in when Paul and I go down to the beach late at night. If I have enough yarn, there may even be enough to wrap around us both! :)
 
A few other things I'm working on, but I'll get to them another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home